Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Possible Sighting of Madeleine

From: Possible sighting of Madeleine McCann in Belgium

photo

A supposed sighting of Madeleine McCann in Tongeren, Belgium was reported to the police last weekend.

A woman informed the police of this possible sighting, after seeing a couple, a Dutch-speaking man and an English-speaking woman with a small girl at a roadside cafe.

Police are now conducting DNA tests on a bottle and straw that Madeleine assumed to have drank from. Results of the tests will be known next week.

source
That's great news for the parents, really, but am I the only one that worries about all the other missing kids? I am not being disrespectful in any way, just like to keep a wider view. I know everyone says "you wouldn't feel that way if your daughter went missing", and they are probably right, but I probably would not get the same quality search either. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this is more tragic than half of the stuff I see on my local news. God that sound horrible, but horrible news is all they show on TV these days! Gosh I am being snarky today :)

I sympathize and send my prayers out, hopefully this is the break they are looking for.

0 comments: